Adult Learning at St. Anselm
Goals of our Adult Formation activities are that:
- We develop relationship with Christ through sacraments, prayer, works of justice, and spiritual direction.
- We promote evangelization as a way of bringing the Good News to all persons.
- We educate toward development of an informal moral conscience.
Content of our Adult Formation rotates in cycles on these topics:
- Scripture and Tradition (creeds, doctrines of faith, Church history)
- Mass, sacraments, prayer life
- Call to holiness through the 10 Commandments, Beatitudes, Jesus' commandment to love one another as He has loved us
- Teaching on the dignity of the human person, sin, grace, virtues
- Social teaching
- Prayer and spiritual traditions
Methods of our Adult Learning include:
- Liturgy (weekly Eucharist, daily Mass and other communal prayer experiences)
- Family and home centered activities (newspapers, seasonal booklets, home blessings, Catholic web sites)
- RCIA, Small Groups (faith sharing, support and study groups), sacrament prep
- Large Groups (speakers, supper/speaker events, book discussions, film festivals, travel, retreats, service involvement and reflection)
- Individual Activities (print, A-V or web based materials for personal study), learning through technology (distance learning, Catholic websites), resources for studying the Catechism fo the Catholic Church